Home » , , , , , , , » My Travel Loots & Expenses of Melbourne, Australia (2012)

My Travel Loots & Expenses of Melbourne, Australia (2012)

Now let me reveal what I bought from Melbourne. 

#1: Foods and typical souvenirs are what I bought when I was in Melbourne.

#2: Australia's favourite snacks and potato chips specially for Boyfie. 

#3: Variety of Tim Tam chocolate biscuits flavours which hardly found back in Malaysia and they were incredibly cheap. Cause they are originated from Australia.

#4: Arnott's Shapes savoury biscuits

#5: My friend told me that these chocolates taste yummy. Hence, I bought 10 bars instantly.

Note: #2-#5 I purchased from Woolworths Supermarket of QV Centre (nearby the State Library of Victoria).

#6: Plush kangaroo and koala bookmarks and of course, plushies 

#7: Fridge magnets, obligated to buy especially for someone who went Australia for the very first time.


#8: More fridge magnets which bought from Queen Victoria Market. These type - 6 for AUD$10

#9: For these, 8 for AUD$10. Also from Queen Victoria Market

#10: A set of keychain for AUD$4

#11: Gold plated bookmarks - 6 for AUD$10

#12: Themed T-shirt is another must! AUD$5 each but the kind lady seems to be given me exta one for free.

#13: Tote bag - 4 for AUD$10

#14: Melbourne photo frame

Note: Except for #7, #6-#14 I bought from Queen Victoria Market. So now you know where to hunt for those typical souvenirs, especially if you wanna buy in bulk.

#15: Car road sign stick for AUD$1.50. Bought these from one of the souvenirs shop nearby Flinders Street Station. 

#15: This could be consider the most pricey tote bag I ever bought. Bought this in Federation Square

And the following is my sharing of the full details of my travel expenses that I spend throughout the 8 days and 7 nights trip around Melbourne, Australia:
Melbourne 2012 Trip Expenses-3 
(The rate as at the time I changed; RM3.26 : AUD$1)

Note:
  1. The original airfare is RM640 and RM10 is for the credit card charges.
  2. My friend helped me to prebooked before I arrived Melbourne.
  3. Due to daylight saving time, I missed my Skybus and bought another last minute airport bus ticket.
  4. Myki costs AUD$6 for the card itself and has no value on it. 
  5. The original fare for train ride is AUD$41 but then, I got the discount voucher from Melbourne's Visitor Guide Book which I took from Melbourne's Visitor Centre, hence I got 30% off.
  6. Because I booked 2 full one day tours at the same time, they gave me the Melbourne attraction passes for free which includes entry to Melbourne Aquarium, Eureka Skydeck and a choice between Old Melbourne Gaol or Polly Woodside. 
  7. The cost for this tour is AUD$125 which included all park entrance fees, morning tea & biscuits and also Aussie BBQ lunch. It even included pick-up and drop-off from where you stay.
  8. The cost for this tour is AUD$120 which included all park entrance fees and pre-packed dinner at Penguin Parade. It even included pick-up and drop-off from where you stay.
  9. The original tour package was AUD$149 but then, was given 10% off. 
  10. Most of my souvenirs and shopping haul are as above photos. Also including postcards and stamps which I bought and sent out earlier.
  11. I applied through local travel agent.